Business Development Superstar
Help us build relationships, design cool stuff and have fun.
Delve is a world-class strategic innovation consultant with a 50-year history of great product design and creativity. Our headquarters is Madison, WI but two years ago we created our own Boston office where we help our clients designing and engineering cool products. We’re small but growing fast and we’ve got big plans.
We’re looking for just the right business development rock star to join our team and help us learn and grow our business. YOU are extraordinary in a variety of areas that we would recognize including motivation, creativity, building authentic relationships, connecting with people and providing solutions to their problems. You’re also excited about being a dynamic and trusted part of a passionate, motivated and growing team that loves to work together and deliver success for our clients.
You don’t need deep expertise in our business (although it would be cool if you did). But we need someone who is truly jazzed about building relationships and solving problems. A track record of helping to sell creative services with a team based approach would be really important to us.
At Delve, we take a multidisciplinary approach to product development and innovation. We dig into our clients’ toughest challenges– from designing a specialized robot to patient outreach programs for pharmaceutical companies (and everything in between) – with impactful strategy, design and engineering. With deep experience in user-centered design that improves lives and bottom lines, we have completed more than 3,000 projects for over 700 clients ranging from startups to multinationals.
We help companies see the possibilities and make them real, sustainable, and successful. We’re seeking an experienced business development leader to develop and grow client relationships for our Boston office. This is a phenomenal opportunity for a highly motivated person who excels at executing on growth goals by identifying, qualifying, developing, and closing the right opportunities.
We are looking for a passionate individual to join us in the growth of our Boston Office. In this role, you will take charge of the entire sales process and work closely with our leadership team on the following tasks:
- Lead Generation and Qualification: You will proactively research, identify and qualify new leads and look for effective ways to engage with prospective clients. You will drive communications with potential clients to communicate our process and capabilities. You will be responsible for helping to craft a strategic outlook and ongoing prospect list for targeted conversations and opportunities for engagement.
- Opportunity Framing and Development: You will be instrumental in articulating our value proposition and assisting in creating compelling presentations, meetings and proposals. You will work closely with our leadership and project teams on developing the appropriate project scope pricing and timing, and coordinate negotiation and closing conversations.
- Relationship Building: Forming deep, meaningful, trust-based, consultative relationships with professionals in the field of innovation and leveraging these to find intersections with our skill set will be an important part of your responsibilities.
- Client Management: You will maintain an ongoing presence with our clients and our creative teams during projects and serve as both a client and company advocate for issue identification and problem solving. You will look for opportunities to cross-sell or extend our services to other aspects of our clients’ businesses.
- Communication: You will be responsible for improving and maintaining visibility and transparency in our business development process. This involves regular updates on in-process and emerging leads, forecasting, and maintaining momentum in the sales process.
- Business Strategy and Planning: We will look to you to contribute to the development and execution of the business development plan that supports the strategic goals of the firm.
- Networking: You will identify events and affiliations (conferences, trade shows, media channels, meetings, professional organizations, etc.) to help create awareness of Delve, establish meaningful connections with potential clients, and foster existing client relationships.
- 5 plus years of experience in business development, client, and account management for product development firms or other professional consulting firms.
- Strong professional selling and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Track record of developing a new sales territory and proactive lead generation.
- Excellent organization skills including time management, exceptional follow-up, and tracking progress.
- A passion for innovation, technical acumen and direct experience in multidisciplinary consulting services.
- Outstanding communications skills, both oral and written.
- Empathy for client needs and motivations. Strong listening skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interface with peers as well as executive level management.
- Demonstrates our core values of:
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Building trust
- Providing amazing customer service, internally and externally
- Jumping in to help others
- Handling change with flexibility
- Innovating our processes and services
- Figuring things out and getting it done
- Making Delve a great place to work
- Bachelor’s degree required; an engineering degree and/or MBA are a plus
- We have a long track record of success combined with a strong growth strategy. In our Boston office, you will have the excitement of a scrappy startup culture that’s backed up by a stable organization with a stellar reputation.
- You will work with awesome clients on a variety of interesting projects.
- Competitive compensation package including base salary and commission plan.
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance for employee and dependents and 401(k) with profit sharing.
- We have a strong corporate culture that supports personal growth, balance, camaraderie, and accountability. We work hard, have fun, and take pride in a job well done.
The ideal candidate will meet most of the criteria listed below:
Why work at Delve?
If you share the traits we’ve described and see a match with our culture, we look forward to hearing from you.
Submit inquiries to:
Give us a shout→