Design Strategist (experienced)
Delve’s Madison office seeks an experienced Design Strategist to join our team! Design Strategy is a critical part of the design process. A Design Strategist is primarily responsible for framing innovation opportunities, architecting a plan to get there, and helping both clients and cross-functional team members navigate the critical “fuzzy front end” of the design and innovation process, often acting as the “product owner” for the work. Design Strategists are masters at integrating insight and inspiration from multiple sources (customer, clients, and more) and crafting innovation plans that are not just inspirational and desirable, but also feasible and viable.
If our needs below are a good match, we’d love to talk with you! We encourage applicants of color and those with diverse lived experiences to apply.
As an experienced Design Strategist, you will lead the following:
- Defining the strategic opportunities for our clients’ businesses, offerings, and brands
- Developing roadmaps of future products, services, and experiences
- Recommending evocative, grounded, and actionable strategies
- Facilitating complex decision-making grounded in meaningful business metrics and systems thinking that drive toward actionable next steps
- Designing and leading primary (qual and quant) and secondary research activities to understand user, influencer, and decision maker needs
- Synthesizing and sense-making with internal and client teams
- Building compelling experiences and stories that immerse both client and internal teams in the insights, opportunities, and recommendations
- Documenting the story of the project in a way that is engaging and actionable for both the client audience, and potential future design and engineering stakeholders
- Laying the groundwork for successful brainstorming and ideation sessions with multidisciplinary teams, clients, and/or users
- Collaborating with clients as well as other members of Strategy team as well as designers, engineers, and prototyping specialists to support idea generation, brainstorming, and concept development
- Delivering exceptional client experiences as measured by client feedback and long-term relationships
- Effectively leading cross-disciplinary project teams and ensuring quality of deliverables while adhering to client’s budgets and schedule
- Traveling (domestically and internationally) as needed to serve clients
- Keeping up to date on the latest trends and news in technology, design, and the industries and clients we support
- Sharing knowledge and insights with the Strategy team and broader organization
- Supporting proposal writing/responding to RFPs (Requests for Proposal)
- Other projects and support as needed
- An expert and seasoned practitioner of Design Thinking and Human-Centered Design methods and how they apply to new product/service/experience development
- Excited about the “fuzzy front end”
- An excellent written, visual, and oral communicator, facilitator, and storyteller (using Microsoft suite tools)
- A natural performer with command presence – you can “own the room” – who can keep both small and large groups engaged and excited, all the way up to the C-Suite
- Able to work collaboratively in an environment with a high degree of ambiguity and independence
- A conscientious, hard-working self-starter who takes initiative
- Able to manage and adapt to changing priorities and situations
- Passionate about the details
- Curious about and inspired by the world around you
- Expert managing projects, people, and resources
- Able to travel regionally, nationally, and internationally (sometimes for up to two weeks at a time)
- 4+ years of professional experience in design strategy, product management, new product development (physical, digital, and/or service), innovation, management consulting, entrepreneurship, or related fields
- Bachelor’s or master’s in design, business, anthropology, sociology, psychology, architecture, marketing, or similar
- Significant hands-on experience with qualitative research methods applied in a commercial setting (e.g. non-academic)
- Project management, project owner, product owner or similar experience
As a plus, you might have:
- Experience working in a healthcare-related field (e.g. medical device, pharma, hospital/provider)
- High proficiency in Adobe suite software (InDesign, Illustrator), including video
- Experience with quantitative research methods (in addition to qualitative)
This role requires significant new product development and design strategy experience. Designers (e.g. graphic, industrial) who have not led strategic innovation efforts will not be considered for this role.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter that tells us:
- About your relevant experience in design strategy (e.g. your approach to managing projects, clients and/or teams for innovation; a project or deliverable you are particular proud of; your biggest learning about design strategy)
- What interests you about Delve and this role. Why are we a good match?
Applications without a cover letter and resume will not be reviewed. Portfolio/work samples are preferred.
Applications will be accepted until Sunday, February 28, 2021, 11:59 PM central and will not be reviewed until after that date so that we can consider all candidates together.
If this sounds like you, please submit your resume and a cover letter to
Submit inquiries to:
Give us a shout→