We are looking for an HR Manager who is excited to lead our growing HR team and help us create a remarkable employee experience!
This position can be based in our Madison or Philadelphia location. We are simply looking for the best candidate for the role! Expect to travel up to 20% of the time, spread unevenly throughout the year.
As a Human Resource Manager for Bresslergroup/Delve, you work in a functional and strategic role to provide guidance and support to our HR department. You provide a comfortable balance of empowerment and direction, while overseeing all HR work and guiding our HR staff. You drive the creation and implementation of new and existing company policies. You are critical in executing people initiatives, providing exemplary employee support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement. You will be a key partner in embedding diversity, equity, and inclusion best practices into our full employee life cycle – from recruiting and hiring, to onboarding and the employee experience.
We encourage applicants of color and those with diverse lived experiences to apply.
Delve is a full-service design and innovation firm. We believe a better world is possible through human-centered design. We provide strategy, design, and engineering to clients from Fortune 500 companies to start-ups, in industries that include medical devices, consumer and commercial products, transportation, and more. Our collective expertise helps clients succeed by designing the future, one experience at a time.
In the last 6 years, we’ve opened offices in San Francisco and Boston, moved our headquarters to a vibrant new studio space in the heart of downtown Madison, Wisconsin. Most recently, we announced we’re merging with Bresslergroup in Philadelphia.
What we’re looking for
If our priorities below are a good match, we’d love to talk with you!
- Provide guidance to the growing HR team, assisting with resolution of a wide variety concerns, questions, and issues.
- Work closely with the leadership / executive team to develop, implement, and evaluate ongoing HR policies, programs, functions, and activities
- Serve as a decision maker and influencer to take ownership for and implement the integration of Bresslergroup and Delve’s HR practices, policies, processes to form a unified, scalable HR organization.
- Build, inspire, and mentor the Human Resources team, taking a role in hiring talented HR staff to add to the department. Establish goals and provide feedback so they can grow professionally and guide them in plotting career growth. Define, monitor, and coordinate training activities for the HR department, creating opportunities to broaden skillsets and learn hone their craft.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of existing and proposed federal and state laws/regulations affect human resource management.
- Along with other HR staff, provide advice/counsel to department heads, managers, and staff on interpreting company policies, and compensation/title management and structure.
- Identify trends that could affect the firm’s objectives and/or operational resources; then interpret and advise accordingly. Research, analyze data, and prepare reports on HR trends, new HR project suggestions, and current program goals/progress.
- Understand our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) and our approach to following through with it in the full employee life cycle. Actively collaborate and support advancing our firm’s approach and continuously improve our ability to deliver on DEI.
- You have a true passion for people, processes, and building successful teams, as evidenced by your career and education experience.
- You have experience providing advice/counsel to department heads, and other staff on company policies and working with peers and executives to develop and implement ongoing policies and programs.
- You are deeply familiar with existing and proposed federal and state regulations/laws and how they can affect human resource management.
- You have experience researching, identifying, and presenting on HR trends, project suggestions, and current program goals/targets.
- You are motivated to embed diversity, equity, and inclusion into all aspects of the employee life cycle. You have demonstrated your ability to create and implement effective DEI strategies and embed DEI best practices into your daily work. You are always thinking about how to organically grow representation in all levels of the organization. You embrace our organization’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and are passionate about embedding it in your work.
- You want to work in an environment where things move quickly, and you’re happy to adapt as situations shift. You possess a strong work ethic and attention-to-detail. You consider yourself proactive and a motivated self-starter.
- You are excited about inspiring and managing and mentoring a growing team of HR professionals.
- You practice excellent communication skills while interacting with managers, employees, and executives.
- Your communication is warm, inclusive, and spreads excitement about being part of our team.
- You are an effective listener and have demonstrated your ability to document pertinent information, action items, and opportunities during discussions with all employees and leadership. You possess strong empathy and exceptional verbal communication skills that allow you to communicate with diverse internal stakeholders, crossing a wide range of disciplines and backgrounds.
- Ideally, you may have experience working with engineers, designers, or researchers.
- You have at least 8 years of experience in a Human Resources role handling strategic, talent management, recruiting, benefits & payroll activities and/or other human resources responsibilities.
- You have experience leading HR projects and managing team members.
- You have experience working for companies before, during, or after mergers or acquisitions and are familiar with the integration efforts needed to support this.
- To be considered for this position, you must be located and authorized to work in the United States. We are unable to offer visa sponsorship at this time.
Be inspired. Be inspiring. Be yourself.
Delve embraces difference because creativity, curiosity, and diversity drive innovation. We nurture a supportive and inclusive environment. Be yourself and create a future that improves lives.
Life at Bresslergroup and Delve
We realize that you are making a big decision when considering a new job. You need to consider salary, the inherent satisfaction you will get from your work, and whether you will enjoy your colleagues. We all spend a lot of time at work and realize that little stuff can make the difference between being happy and productive or grumpy and wanting out. So, we’ve done our best to build a culture, adapted from some of the world’s best companies, that represents our values. Here are a few big and little things we think make Bresslergroup and Delve a fun and safe place to spend your days, create lasting friendships, and build your career:
- Offices located in the design centers of vibrant cities with great walking access to coffee shops, shopping districts, and restaurants.
- Well-designed studios with ergonomic workspaces, collaborative work areas and access to natural light for those who want it, and dark and quiet areas for those who don’t.
- Flexible work hours and ability to work remotely
- No dress code beyond “dress for your day”
- Access to public transportation
- Indoor bike parking
- A professional development budget for access to conferences and, training, etc.
- Access to prototype machine shops and engineering labs with tools like laser cutters, 3D printers, mills; and wood shops for both professional and personal projects
- Open book financials and generally open and transparent leadership communication
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Volunteer opportunities
- Equity, Inclusion, & Diversity (EID) training
- Games (Shuffleboard, game room, foosball, VR, ping pong — depending on location)
- Weekly yoga classes
If this opportunity matches your skills and career goals, send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ll begin reviewing applicant submissions beginning July 23, 2021
As a reminder, Delve and Bresslergroup recently merged, so please keep your eye out for correspondence from either company.
Submit inquiries to:
Give us a shout→