Delve is looking for an INSPIRED Mechanical Engineer to join our team!
YOU are extraordinary in a variety of areas that we would recognize including motivation, creativity, and precision, use of engineering tools and processes, communication and collaboration. And you excel in areas that surprise us. Do you consider yourself a product developer AND a mechanical engineer? Can you bring your experience to help us solve our clients’ problems and help them navigate the decision-making process from idea to reality? If you are up for the challenge and you can show us how adding your skills to the team will help make us better, send us an email. Come design cool stuff.
For more than 53 years, Delve has delivered innovative product design solutions to our clients through strategy, research, design, engineering, and prototyping. Our portfolio includes award-winning work for companies recognized worldwide as leaders in a broad range of industries including medical device, consumer and commercial products, transportation and more. The company is privately owned by eight shareholders, who are also practitioners, and lead with an “open-book” philosophy.
Our Mechanical Engineering heritage and culture of iterative prototyping make this place a great spot for engineers looking to solve complex problems and create innovative solutions. Delve’s ME team plays an integral role in all stages of the product development process. As an engineer, you know details matter. Here are the responsibilities you will have
- Providing insights into emerging technologies and uncovering, identifying and creating business and product opportunities for our clients during conceptualization
- Translating user needs into defined product metrics
- Developing innovative product concepts through a process of collaborative brainstorming and verifying feasibility with a combination of analytical tools and physical modeling
- Guiding design teams and our clients through the concept selection and decision-making processes to ensure that technical considerations factored in
- Establishing mechanical architectures that provide a robust design solution while balancing product aesthetics, tolerance requirements, design for manufacturability, product cost, capital investment, and development risk
- Appling technical expertise and mastery of engineering principles such as mechanics, kinematics, mechatronics, structural analysis, and thermodynamics
- Performing risk analysis in order to develop and prioritize product verification efforts
- Creating detailed engineering documentation and facilitating transfer to manufacturing activities
- Representing mechanical engineering considerations within multi-disciplinary development teams and providing situational leadership to help drive projects to technical and business success
- Interacting with our valued clients through meetings, presentations, design reviews, and informal interactions — building trust and respect through a highly collaborative development process
- Having fun doing cool work with good people and helping us support and grow our culture
- BSME with 4-5 years’ experience or MSME with relevant ME internship experience and a proven track record in product development
- Creative conceptualizer with ability to effectively envision and communicate concepts
- Portfolio demonstrates success in a multidisciplinary, team-based environment working with individuals representing skillsets outside of mechanical engineering including but not limited to design research, industrial design, human factors, electrical engineering, etc.
- Hands-on experience using physical model making and prototyping as a problem-solving tool as well as experience and sensitivities for collaborating and working with prototyping specialists
- Proficiency in CAD modeling, including complex assemblies and aesthetic surfacing
- Scholastic background in analysis for structural, thermal, and fluid flow
- Detail-orientated with demonstrated knowledge of creating documentation including manufacturing drawings and/or tolerance analysis etc.
- Basic understanding of high and low volume manufacturing processes for effectively transitioning designs into production
- Customer-centric attitude and personality, experience in a consulting environment is a huge plus
Interest and experience managing projects a plus
- Gravitas, humility and a keen sense of humor
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to thoughtfully articulate and present technical ideas in formal and informal settings
- Highly motivated, self-starter, able to manage multiple priorities
Life at Delve
Taking a new job is a big step. You consider salary, purpose, job satisfaction and how well you connect with future colleagues. We all spend a lot of time at work and all realize that little stuff can make the difference between happiness and productivity or gloom and doom. So we’ve done our best to build physical spaces and a culture that represents our personal values, and that change based on what our employees think is important.
Here are a few big and little things we think make Delve a fun, joyful and safe place to spend your days, create lasting friendships and build your career:
- Well-designed studios with ergonomic workspaces, collaborative work areas and access to natural light for those who want it, and dark and quiet areas for those who do not. (Clearly, we aren’t fully enjoying those spaces right now and no one really knows when we will again, but we are committed to having them ready for our return when we can.)
- A professional development budget for conferences, training, etc.
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Unlimited snacks with a bias toward healthy stuff like shelled pistachios but still plenty of questionable choices like beef jerky and goldfish crackers
- A flexible vacation policy. We trust you to know when you need to recharge.
- Flexible work hours and ability to work remotely
- Dog friendly offices with friendly dogs like Zoe, Selki, and Mike
- Access to the prototype machine shop and engineering labs with tools like laser cutters, 3D printers, mills, and a wood shop for both professional and personal projects.
- Offices located in the design centers of vibrant cities with great walking access to coffee shops, breweries and restaurants. You probably already know what San Francisco and Boston are about, but if you haven’t been to Madison, you will be pleasantly surprised if not completely blown away.
- Volunteering opportunities
- Open book financials and open and transparent leadership communication.
Compensation and Application
Compensation is commensurate to experience and cost of living requirements.
Please send your resume and a portfolio (or highlights from a couple past projects) to the email below and please be ready to submit references when we call you back!
Be inspired. Be inspiring. Be yourself.
We embrace difference because creativity, curiosity, and diversity drive innovation. We nurture a supportive and inclusive environment. Be yourself and create a future that improves lives.
Submit inquiries to:
Give us a shout→