Mechanical Engineer- Quality Engineering Focus
Delve is looking for an insightful and inspired Mechanical Engineer to support project teams working on complex medical projects with a focus on quality management.
In this role you will be responsible for acting as both a flexible innovator and a rigorous engineer, balancing creativity and precision. You may have experience with Quality Management Systems and the methods to connect design inputs and outputs, or you have the personality and training to learn these skills. On different projects you will be asked to understand or generate requirements, create and develop concepts, evaluate risk, verify designs and help turn those designs into commercial products working with suppliers and contract manufacturers.
Delve is a full-service design and innovation firm. We believe a better world is possible through human-centered design. We provide strategy, design, and engineering to clients from Fortune 500 companies to start-ups, in industries that include medical devices, consumer and commercial products, transportation, and more. Our collective expertise helps clients succeed by designing the future, one experience at a time.
In the last 6 years, we’ve opened offices in San Francisco and Boston, moved our headquarters to a vibrant new studio space in the heart of downtown Madison, Wisconsin. Most recently, we announced we’re merging with Bresslergroup in Philadelphia.
What we’re looking for:
If our priorities below are a good match, we’d love to talk with you!
- You provide insights into emerging technologies and uncover, identify, and create business and product opportunities for clients
- You translate user needs into defined product metrics
- You work collaboratively to develop innovative product concepts
- You verify feasibility with a combination of analytical tools and physical modeling
- You guide design teams and clients through the concept selection and decision-making processes to ensure that technical considerations are factored in.
- You establish mechanical architectures that provide a robust design solution while balancing product aesthetics, tolerance requirements, design for manufacturability, product cost, capital investment, and development risk
- You apply technical expertise and mastery of engineering principles such as mechanics, kinematics, mechatronics, structural analysis, and thermodynamics
- You perform risk analysis to develop and prioritize product verification efforts
- You create detailed engineering documentation and facilitate transfer to manufacturing activities
- You represent mechanical engineering considerations within multi-disciplinary development teams and providing situational leadership to help drive projects to technical and business success
- You are motivated by change, social injustice, and see opportunities to adapt how design and business are done. You have a point of view on diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), and intend to help change the world for the better, beginning here, and evolving how we work, not just what we deliver. Even better, you might have a track record of integrating DEI into your everyday work or professional conversations.
- Passionate about quality in Mechanical Engineering.
- Committed to high standards of workmanship and attention to detail.
- Curious about new territories and driven to learn from others.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and complexity.
- Detail-orientated with demonstrated knowledge of creating documentation including manufacturing drawings and/or tolerance analysis etc.
- An excellent communicator with exemplary writing, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- An effective listener and contributor at client meetings and have a demonstrated ability to document pertinent information/action items/opportunities, as well as provide a written summary post-meeting. Experience in a consulting environment is a huge plus.
We encourage applicants of color and those with diverse lived experiences to apply.
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or a related discipline
- At least 2 years' experience
- Hands-on experience using physical model making and prototyping as a problem-solving tool as well as experience and sensitivities for collaborating and working with prototyping specialists
- Proficiency in CAD modeling, including complex assemblies and aesthetic surfacing
- Basic understanding of high and low volume manufacturing processes for effectively transitioning designs into production
- You must be located and authorized to work in the United States. We are unable to offer visa sponsorship at this time.
Be inspired. Be inspiring. Be yourself.
Delve embraces difference because creativity, curiosity, and diversity drive innovation. We nurture a supportive and inclusive environment. Be yourself and create a future that improves lives.
Life at Delve and Bresslergroup
We realize that you are making a big decision when considering a new job. You need to consider salary, the inherent satisfaction you will get from your work, and whether you will enjoy your colleagues. We all spend a lot of time at work and realize that little stuff can make the difference between being happy and productive or grumpy and wanting out. So, we’ve done our best to build a culture, adapted from some of the world’s best companies, that represents our values. Here are a few big and little things we think make Bresslergroup and Delve a fun and safe place to spend your days, create lasting friendships, and build your career:
- Offices located in the design centers of vibrant cities with great walking access to coffee shops, shopping districts, and restaurants.
- Well-designed studios with ergonomic workspaces, collaborative work areas and access to natural light for those who want it, and dark and quiet areas for those who don’t.
- Flexible work hours and ability to work remotely
- No dress code beyond “dress for your day”
- Access to public transportation
- Indoor bike parking
- A professional development budget for access to conferences and, training, etc.
- Access to prototype machine shops and engineering labs with tools like laser cutters, 3D printers, mills; and wood shops for both professional and personal projects
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Volunteer opportunities
- Equity, Inclusion, & Diversity (EID) training
- Games (Shuffleboard, game room, foosball, VR, ping pong — depending on location)
If this opportunity matches your skills and career goals, send you cover letter, resume, and sample portfolio to email@example.com. We’ll begin reviewing applicant submissions beginning 10/20/2021.
As a reminder, Delve and Bresslergroup recently merged, so please keep your eye out for correspondence from either company.
Submit inquiries to:
Give us a shout→