Industrial Designer, Mid-Level
Delve’s Madison, WI offices looking for mid-level industrial designers that are highly motivated to push their creativity, careers, clients, and teams forward. You have a relentless passion for teamwork and embracing uncertainty while working on programs that traverse various industries. Whether it is expanding our design methods, investigating new material and manufacturing methods, or applying emerging technologies, we are looking for industrial designers who have a passion for driving change and crafting a better future.
In this role you will be responsible for
- Championing industrial design with clients and within internal teams
- Identifying or translating relevant insights into compelling design solutions.
- Guiding strategic product vision, leading design processes and creative outcomes, building client relationships, and project management.
- Contributing to cross-functional collaboration through all phases of the design process from insights gathering to manufacturing ready deliverables.
- Generating world-class tangible deliverables, including concept sketching and CAD rendering.
- Providing creative vision with confidence for both internal and client teams.
- Developing innovative solutions across both physical and digitally connected product experiences.
If our priorities below are a good match, we’d love to talk with you! We encourage applicants of color and those with diverse lived experiences to apply.
- Fluid concept generation and detailed execution skills
- You pride yourself on your sketching talent and communicate with ease in both written and verbal formats.
- Experience with human-centered, iterative, and collaborative design.
- 2D and 3D design development skills
- Strong knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes
- Passion for learning new design tools and methods and an interest in an area such as Sustainability, emerging technologies, or CMF.
- Experience working on collaborative design teams and design projects.
- Experience working within a consulting / agency environment.
- Proficiency in design methods, including human-centered processes.
- Passionate about design, both historical context, and current trends.
- A natural collaborator, with ability to work alongside experts (in interaction design, human factors, mechanical engineering, insights, strategy) in an iterative fashion.
- Natural presenter and communicator, both virtually and in-person
- Experienced designing medical devices/healthcare or other equivalent complex & technical space.
- 5+ years of Industrial Design experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial design or professional related degree
Delve is a full-service design and innovation firm with a heritage stemming from product design. Providing impactful strategy, design, and engineering, we’ve been in business over 50 years now. In the last 6 years, we’ve expanded from our headquarters in Madison, Wisconsin to opening offices in San Francisco and Boston. To mark our 50 years in business, we moved our headquarters into a vibrant new studio space in the heart of downtown Madison and renamed our firm to reflect more accurately what we do today and our aspirations for the future.
Be inspired. Be inspiring. Be yourself.
Delve embraces difference because creativity, curiosity, and diversity drive innovation. We nurture a supportive and inclusive environment. Be yourself and create a future that improves lives.
If this opportunity matches your skills and career goals, send the following:
- Cover letter
- Sample portfolio of relevant professional work
We will begin reviewing applicant submissions February 10th.
Submit inquiries to:
Give us a shout→