Senior Electrical Engineer / Project Manager
Delve’s Madison office is looking for an individual that can balance creative energy and process rigor as a Senior Electrical Engineer and Project Manager to join our team!
Delve is a full-service design and innovation firm with a heritage stemming from product design. Providing impactful strategy, research, design, engineering, and prototyping, we’ve been in business over 53 years.
Our portfolio includes award-winning work for companies recognized worldwide as leaders in a broad range of industries including medical device, consumer and commercial products, transportation and more. Founded with an engineering focus, Delve’s heritage and hands on culture make this place a great spot for an electrical engineer looking to solve complex problems and create innovative solutions. The Electrical and Software Engineering team at Delve plays an integral role in all stages of the product development process.
As you may expect, interviews will be done via video, and we are well set up for remote onboarding. So, although it’s possible when you join us it’ll be from your home office, we have everything in place so you’ll start day one feeling part of the team. We’ll be onsite again as soon as the COVID alert levels have returned to normal. You can join this team safe in the knowledge that our infrastructure and flexible work practices are already in place.
- Providing insights into emerging technologies and uncovering, identifying and creating business and product opportunities for our clients during strategic conceptualization efforts
- Translating user needs into defined product specifications
- Developing innovative product concepts through a process of collaborative brainstorming and verifying feasibility with a combination of analytical tools and physical modeling
- Guiding design teams and our clients through the concept selection decision making processes to ensure that technical considerations factor into alternative narrowing and selection
- Representing electrical engineering considerations within multi-disciplinary development teams and providing situational leadership to help drive projects to technical and business success
- Interacting with our valued clients through meetings, presentations, design reviews and informal interactions - building trust and respect through a highly collaborative development process
- Effectively leading cross-disciplinary project teams and ensuring quality of deliverables while adhering to client’s budgets and schedules
- Support business development efforts by participating in key sales visits and assisting in the creation of winning project plans and proposals.
- Create and foster key relationships with strategic clients, becoming a trusted advisor for their product development initiatives.
- Having fun, doing cool work with good people and helping us support and grow our culture
- BSEE or MSEE (preferred) with 7+ years proven track record in embedded system product development.
- Experience in a consulting environment preferred with a proven customer-centric attitude and personality
- Experience in PCB development (schematic capture, layout)
- Proven track record in medical device development with a strong understanding of the intricacies of IEC 60601 preferred
- Experience in IoT development from both a hardware and software perspective preferred
- Experience in software/firmware development with one or more languages (C/C++ preferred)
- Experience with regulatory certification of products
- Experience with variety of high and low volume manufacturing processes and effectively transitioning designs into production
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated knowledge of creating product documentation (i.e. theory of operation, requirements, test plans)
- Gravitas, humility and a keen sense of humor
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to thoughtfully articulate and present technical ideas in formal and informal settings.
- Highly motivated, self-starter, able to manage multiple priorities.
Compensation is commensurate to experience.
Life at Delve
We realize that you are making a big decision when considering a new job. You must think about salary, the inherent satisfaction you will get from your work and whether you will enjoy your colleagues. We all spend a lot of time at work and realize that little stuff can make the difference between being happy and productive or grumpy and wanting out. So, we’ve done our best to build a culture, adapted from some of the world’s best companies, that represents our personal values and that is flexible to each studio’s unique proclivities. Here are a few things we think make Delve a safe, fun and joyful place to be…
- Ergonomic workspaces, collaborative work areas and access to natural light for those who want it, or dark and quiet areas for those who don’t.
- A professional development budget and autonomy to find opportunities (conferences, training, etc) that interest you.
- Tuition reimbursement
- Unlimited snacks with a bias toward healthy stuff like shelled pistachios but still plenty of questionable choices like jellybeans
- Flexible vacation policy
- Access to the prototype machine shop tools and materials (laser cutter, mills, wood shop, etc.)
- Access to 3D printers for personal use (Stratasys FDM and FormLabs Form2 SLA)
- Dog friendly office
- Flexible work hours and ability to work remotely occasionally (or all the time during Covid)
- Volunteering opportunities
- Partial cell phone and fitness reimbursement
- Open book financials and transparent leadership communication
- Free Coffee & Espresso
Be inspired. Be inspiring. Be yourself.
Delve doesn’t advocate for “culture fit,” which can lead to homogeneity and thereby weaker companies. We look for “culture add”-- individuals who share the team’s values and professional ethics, but also bring their own diverse experiences and backgrounds to the table.
Please send your resume to the email below.
Submit inquiries to:
Give us a shout→