Electrical Engineer / Project Manager, Senior
Delve’s Madison office is looking for an individual that can balance creative energy and process rigor as a Senior Electrical Engineer and Project Manager to join our team!
We encourage applicants of color and those with diverse lived experiences to apply.
Delve is a full-service design and innovation firm. We believe a better world is possible through human-centered design. We provide strategy, design, and engineering to clients from Fortune 500 companies to start-ups, in industries that include medical devices, consumer and commercial products, transportation, and more. Our collective expertise helps clients succeed by designing the future, one experience at a time.
In the last 6 years, we’ve opened offices in San Francisco and Boston, moved our headquarters to a vibrant new studio space in the heart of downtown Madison, Wisconsin. Most recently, we announced we’re merging with Bresslergroup in Philadelphia.
What we’re looking for
If our priorities below are a good match, we’d love to talk with you!
- Providing insights into emerging technologies and uncovering, identifying and creating business and product opportunities for our clients during strategic conceptualization efforts
- Translating user needs into defined product specifications
- Developing innovative product concepts through a process of collaborative brainstorming and verifying feasibility with a combination of analytical tools and physical modeling
- Guiding design teams and our clients through the concept selection decision making processes to ensure that technical considerations factor into alternative narrowing and selection
- Representing electrical engineering considerations within multi-disciplinary development teams and providing situational leadership to help drive projects to technical and business success
- Interacting with our valued clients through meetings, presentations, design reviews and informal interactions - building trust and respect through a highly collaborative development process
- Effectively leading cross-disciplinary project teams and ensuring quality of deliverables while adhering to client’s budgets and schedules
- Support business development efforts by participating in key sales visits and assisting in the creation of winning project plans and proposals.
- Create and foster key relationships with strategic clients, becoming a trusted advisor for their product development initiatives.
- Having fun, doing cool work with good people and helping us support and grow our culture
- BSEE or MSEE (preferred) with 7+ years proven track record in embedded system product development.
- Experience in a consulting environment preferred with a proven customer-centric attitude and personality
- Experience in PCB development (schematic capture, layout)
- Proven track record in medical device development with a strong understanding of the intricacies of IEC 60601 preferred
- Experience in IoT development from both a hardware and software perspective preferred
- Experience in software/firmware development with one or more languages (C/C++ preferred)
- Experience with regulatory certification of products
- Experience with variety of high and low volume manufacturing processes and effectively transitioning designs into production
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated knowledge of creating product documentation (i.e. theory of operation, requirements, test plans)
- Gravitas, humility and a keen sense of humor
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to thoughtfully articulate and present technical ideas in formal and informal settings.
- Highly motivated, self-starter, able to manage multiple priorities.
Interviewing and Working Safely
Our business has made a number of changes to our onboarding process and how we work day-to-day during the pandemic to support our staff in this unprecedented time. Your interviews will be done virtually with our staff, who have been working remotely from home since the pandemic began. It’s likely that you will begin your career with Delve at your home office too.
We’ll have everything in place for you to feel like a part of the team from day one. Our company has regular video catch-ups, and pets and kids often make guest appearances. (And we love their input!) We’ll be onsite again as soon as the COVID-19 alert levels allow.
You can join our team safely in the knowledge that our infrastructure and flexible work practices are already in place.
Life at Delve
We also realize that you are making a big decision when considering a new job. You need to consider salary, the inherent satisfaction you will get from your work, and whether you will enjoy your colleagues. We all spend a lot of time at work and realize that little stuff can make the difference between being happy and productive or grumpy and wanting out. So, we’ve done our best to build a culture, adapted from some of the world’s best companies, that represents our values and that is flexible to each studio’s unique proclivities. Here are a few big and little things we think make Delve a fun, joyful, and safe place to spend your days, create lasting friendships and build your career:
- Offices located in the design centers of vibrant cities with great walking access to coffee shops, breweries and restaurants. You probably already know what San Francisco and Boston are about, but if you haven’t been to Madison, you will be pleasantly surprised, if not completely blown away.
- Well-designed studios with ergonomic workspaces, collaborative work areas and access to natural light for those who want it, and dark and quiet areas for those who don’t.
- A flexible vacation policy. We trust you to know when you need to recharge.
- Flexible work hours and ability to work remotely
- Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity (EID) training
- Support for affinity groups
- A professional development budget for access to conferences and, training, etc.
- Unlimited snacks with a bias toward healthy stuff like shelled pistachios, but still plenty of questionable choices like beef jerky and goldfish crackers
- No dress code beyond “dress for your day”.
- Access to the prototype machine shop and engineering labs with tools like laser cutters, 3D printers, mills, and a wood shop (Madison) for both professional and personal projects.
- Volunteering opportunities
- Dog friendly offices with friendly dogs like Zoe, Selki, and Talia
- Open book financials and generally open and transparent leadership communication
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Free heated indoor parking with electric vehicle charging
- Exercise room overlooking Lake Mendota
- Outdoor terrace off our break room with seating and gas grills
- 11th floor roof deck with a fireplace, more gas grills, panoramic views including opportunities to watch a professional soccer or ultimate frisbee match and national musical acts on the next door stadium
- Fizzy water on tap
- Beerstorming Fridays
- Beer on tap
- Board game Thursdays
- Personal use of company cars including a cargo van we lovingly call the “Scary Van”
- Game room with ping pong, VR, and lots of classic consoles
- Bike stand and tools with in-office bike racks
Be inspired. Be inspiring. Be yourself.
Delve embraces difference because creativity, curiosity, and diversity drive innovation. We nurture a supportive and inclusive environment. Be yourself and create a future that improves lives.
We will begin reviewing applicant submissions May 28, 2021.
To be considered for this position, you must be located and authorized to work in the United States. We are unable to offer visa sponsorship at this time.
If this opportunity matches your skills and career goals, send a resume to: email@example.com.
Submit inquiries to:
Give us a shout→