Senior Mechanical Engineer & Project Manager
Delve's new office in Boston needs an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join our team!
For more than 50 years, Delve (formerly Design Concepts) has delivered innovative product design solutions to our clients through strategy, research, design, engineering, and prototyping. Our portfolio includes award-winning work for companies recognized worldwide as leaders in a broad range of industries including medical device, consumer and commercial products, transportation and more. We have recently opened an office in Boston and are looking to build the team. Our Boston office functions with a startup mentality that is ideal for someone who likes the security of an established company but the freedom to help contribute to and create something new. Our ME heritage and our hands-on culture make this place a great spot for MEs looking to solve complex problems and create innovative solutions.
Members of the Mechanical Engineering team at Delve play an integral role in all stages of the product development process. Responsibilities include:
- Providing insights into emerging technologies and uncovering, identifying and creating business and product opportunities for our clients during strategic conceptualization efforts
- Translating user needs into defined product metrics
- Developing innovative product concepts through a process of collaborative brainstorming and verifying feasibility with a combination of analytical tools and physical modeling
- Guiding design teams and our clients through the concept selection decision making processes to ensure that technical considerations factor into alternative narrowing and selection
- Establishing mechanical architectures that provide for a robust design solution while balancing product aesthetics, tolerance requirements, design for manufacturability, product cost, capitol investment, and development risk
- Applying technical expertise of engineering principles such as mechanics, kinematics, mechatronics, structural analysis and thermodynamics
- Performing risk analysis in order to develop and prioritize product verification efforts
- Creating detailed engineering documentation and facilitating transfer to manufacturing activities
- Representing mechanical engineering considerations within multi-disciplinary development teams and providing situational leadership to help drive projects to technical and business success
- Interacting with our valued clients through meetings, presentations, design reviews and informal interactions - building trust and respect through a highly collaborative development process
- Effectively leading cross-disciplinary project teams and ensuring quality of deliverables while adhering to client’s budgets and schedules
- Mentor young engineers in process, design and client interactions
- Having fun, doing cool work with good people and helping us support and grow our culture
- BSME or MSME (preferred) with a minimum of 5 years proven track record in product development
- Creative conceptualizer with ability to effectively envision and communicate concepts
- Proven track record of success in a multidisciplinary, team-based environment including experience working with individuals representing research, industrial design, human factors, electrical engineering, etc.
- Hands-on experience using physical model making and prototyping as a problem solving tool as well as experience and sensitivities for collaborating and working with prototyping specialists
- Proficiency in CAD modeling, including complex assemblies and aesthetic surfacing
- Strong analytical background including structural, thermal, and fluid flow analysis
- Detail orientated with demonstrated knowledge of creating detailed design documentation including tolerance analysis
- Experience with variety of high and low volume manufacturing processes and effectively transitioning designs into production
- Experience in a consulting environment preferred with a proven customer-centric attitude and personality
- Gravitas, humility and a keen sense of humor
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to thoughtfully articulate and present technical ideas in formal and informal settings.
- Highly motivated, self starter, able to manage multiple priorities.
If this sounds like you please give us a shout! Send the following info to the email below. Please include Engineer Boston as the subject.
- Your portfolio or url (PDF <15MB)
- Your resume
- A brief introduction letter that includes a description of your favorite "design" moment
Submit inquiries to: