Delve’s Madison office is looking for a creative and quality focused Software Engineer to join our team!
Delve is a full-service design and innovation firm with a heritage stemming from product design. Providing impactful strategy, research, design, engineering, and prototyping, we’ve been in business over 53 years.
Our portfolio includes award-winning work for companies recognized worldwide as leaders in a broad range of industries including medical device, consumer and commercial products, transportation and more. Founded with an engineering focus, Delve’s heritage and hands on culture make this place a great spot for a software engineer looking to solve complex problems and create innovative solutions. The Electrical and Software Engineering team at Delve plays an integral role in all stages of the product development process.
As you may expect, interviews will be done via video, and we are well set up for remote onboarding. So, although it’s possible when you join us it’ll be from your home office, we have everything in place so you’ll start day one feeling part of the team. We’ll be onsite again as soon as the COVID alert levels have returned to normal. You can join this team safe in the knowledge that our infrastructure and flexible work practices are already in place.
- Developing, supporting and maintaining software and firmware applications based upon the needs of our clients.
- Creative conceptualizer with ability to effectively envision and communicate concepts
- Providing insights into emerging technologies and uncovering, identifying and creating business and product opportunities for our clients during strategic conceptualization efforts
- Commenting and documenting code to ensure maintainability
- Creating intuitive, testable, maintainable, and efficient code
- Facilitating and contributing to code reviews
- Developing applications for iOS, Android and Windows
- Developing innovative product concepts through the application of software development processes
- Representing software engineering considerations within multi-disciplinary development teams
- Interacting with our valued clients through meetings, presentations, design reviews and informal interactions - building trust and respect through a highly collaborative development process
- Having fun, doing cool work with good people and helping us support and grow our culture
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or electrical engineering required
- 2+ years proven track record in firmware or software development
- Experience with several of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, HTML5
- Experience using and designing software with one or more of these communications protocols: Ethernet, IP, TCP/UDP, SPI, I2C, Wifi, Bluetooth and other wireless protocols
- Experience with GUI software development preferred
- Experience with QT or React Native frameworks preferred
- Experience with source code version control and issue tracking (e.g. Git and Jira)
- Experience utilizing Agile Development Methodologies
- Experience integrating with third-party libraries, frameworks, and APIs
- Gravitas, humility and a keen sense of humor
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to thoughtfully articulate and present technical ideas
- Experience in a consulting environment preferred with a proven customer-centric attitude and personality
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Highly motivated, self-starter, able to manage multiple priorities.
Compensation is commensurate to experience.
Life at Delve
We realize that you are making a big decision when considering a new job. You must think about salary, the inherent satisfaction you will get from your work and whether you will enjoy your colleagues. We all spend a lot of time at work and realize that little stuff can make the difference between being happy and productive or grumpy and wanting out. So, we’ve done our best to build a culture, adapted from some of the world’s best companies, that represents our personal values and that is flexible to each studio’s unique proclivities. Here are a few things we think make Delve a safe, fun and joyful place to be…
- Ergonomic workspaces, collaborative work areas and access to natural light for those who want it, or dark and quiet areas for those who don’t.
- A professional development budget and autonomy to find opportunities (conferences, training, etc) that interest you.
- Tuition reimbursement
- Unlimited snacks with a bias toward healthy stuff like shelled pistachios but still plenty of questionable choices like jellybeans
- Flexible vacation policy
- Access to the prototype machine shop tools and materials (laser cutter, mills, wood shop, etc.)
- Access to 3D printers for personal use (Stratasys FDM and FormLabs Form2 SLA)
- Dog friendly office
- Flexible work hours and ability to work remotely occasionally (or all the time during Covid)
- Volunteering opportunities
- Partial cell phone and fitness reimbursement
- Open book financials and transparent leadership communication
- Free Coffee & Espresso
Be inspired. Be inspiring. Be yourself.
Delve doesn’t advocate for “culture fit,” which can lead to homogeneity and thereby weaker companies. We look for “culture add”-- individuals who share the team’s values and professional ethics, but also bring their own diverse experiences and backgrounds to the table.
Please send your resume and a portfolio (or highlights from a couple past projects) to the email below.
Submit inquiries to:
Give us a shout→