Software/Firmware Project Manager
Delve is looking for a detail-oriented and engaging project manager to keep our project teams happy and running efficiently.
In this role you manage software/firmware development projects, establishing a track record of successful delivery. You direct client work from a budgeting and scheduling perspective and present the in-process and final deliverables to the client along with your team. You use a variety of project management tools to inspire, coordinate, and manage the daily activities of your project teams. You participate in weekly planning meetings to support resource leveling. You communicate with your team members to ensure that our engineers, designers, and researchers can create meaningful solutions to product design problems. You are excited about the opportunity to help Delve’s project teams continue to grow and improve their capabilities.
We encourage applicants of color and those with diverse lived experiences to apply.
Delve is a full-service design and innovation firm. We believe a better world is possible through human-centered design. We provide strategy, design, and engineering to clients from Fortune 500 companies to start-ups, in industries that include medical devices, consumer and commercial products, transportation, and more. Our collective expertise helps clients succeed by designing the future, one experience at a time.
In the last 6 years, we’ve opened offices in San Francisco and Boston, moved our headquarters to a vibrant new studio space in the heart of downtown Madison, Wisconsin. Most recently, we announced we’re merging with Bresslergroup in Philadelphia.
What we’re looking for
If our priorities below are a good match, we’d love to talk with you!
- Act as the face of the project to the client. Work in collaboration with a Technical Lead or other senior team members to run client projects.
- Create proposals and budgets, manage schedules of internal and external support, and keep all signed paperwork up to date and in sync with Gantt project budgets. Document all decisions, meeting minutes, project risks, and action items tracking.
- Maintain responsibility for project data setup accuracy and organization for internal project management database and server.
- Assist with researching and documenting project requirements.
- Write accurate user stories and acceptance criteria to assist design and development teams.
- Regularly review project budget status with Account Strategist and request resources to complete project work as necessary.
- Oversee and support the planning/preparation of presentation materials, in cooperation with Technical Lead and other team members.
- Work with Technical Lead to ensure deliverables are met per client expectations and proposals.
- Identify potential change of scope issues as they arise and communicate these changes to the Account Strategist and Director of Production Management.
- Understand our commitment to DEI and its importance in every facet of the product design process, including participant recruitment.
- You have a true passion for project management and human-centered product design. You want to be deeply immersed in the product development process and are willing to educate yourself as needed to truly understand the nature of client work. You like to explore new territories and learn from others.
- You are familiar with how to plan and maintain client projects from start to finish. You are happy to adjust work plans and budgets as needed, depending on project process.
- You are impeccably organized, detail oriented and committed to high standards of workmanship. You are self-motivated and can work independently with little oversight.
- You are an effective listener and contributor at client meetings and have a demonstrated ability to document pertinent information/action items/opportunities, as well as provide a written summary post-meeting.
- You are an excellent communicator with exemplary writing, presentation, and interpersonal skills – all needed for interaction with clients, participants, and internal teams.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and complexity, because sometimes that leads to the most unique, unexpected design solutions.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a Project Management role and client-facing roles.
- Training or experience with waterfall and agile development of complex software applications and/or embedded software and firmware that drives consumer, commercial, or medical devices.
- Training and experience working as a product owner, interaction or UX/UI designer, or software/firmware developer, and/or equivalent experience working with product, design, and engineering to develop software.
- Experience with mobile and/or web-based application development and IoT desired.
- Experience with human-centered product design desired.
- Experience with git, JIRA and similar software repository and tracking tools.
- Well-versed and knowledgeable about MS Excel, MS Project, and internal project management systems.
- Familiarity with consulting environments and how they work.
To be considered for this position, you must be located and authorized to work in the United States. We are unable to offer visa sponsorship at this time.
Life at Bresslergroup and Delve
We realize that you are making a big decision when considering a new job. You need to consider salary, the inherent satisfaction you will get from your work, and whether you will enjoy your colleagues. We all spend a lot of time at work and realize that little stuff can make the difference between being happy and productive or grumpy and wanting out. So, we’ve done our best to build a culture, adapted from some of the world’s best companies, that represents our values. Here are a few big and little things we think make Bresslergroup and Delve a fun and safe place to spend your days, create lasting friendships, and build your career:
- Offices located in the design centers of vibrant cities with great walking access to coffee shops, shopping districts, and restaurants.
- Well-designed studios with ergonomic workspaces, collaborative work areas and access to natural light for those who want it, and dark and quiet areas for those who don’t.
- Flexible work hours and ability to work remotely
- No dress code beyond “dress for your day”
- Access to public transportation
- Indoor bike parking
- A professional development budget for access to conferences and, training, etc.
- Access to prototype machine shops and engineering labs with tools like laser cutters, 3D printers, mills; and wood shops for both professional and personal projects
- Open book financials and generally open and transparent leadership communication
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Volunteer opportunities
- Equity, Inclusion, & Diversity (EID) training
- Games (Shuffleboard, game room, foosball, VR, ping pong — depending on location)
- Weekly yoga classes
If this opportunity matches your skills and career goals, send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. We’ll begin reviewing applicant submissions beginning October 13.
As a reminder, Delve and Bresslergroup recently merged, so please keep your eye out for correspondence from either company.
Submit inquiries to:
Give us a shout→