- MIT and Design Academy Eindhoven
- Industrial design at IDEO Boston
- Visual communication at global design agency FITCH
- Brand Design Director for Bontrager at Trek Bicycle
- Strategic branding at boutique agency Swink
Striving to design digital interfaces that make the ambiguous clear, the complex simple, and the frustrating delightful.
Trying to be a better designer today than I was yesterday, every single day.
Designing and building furniture, running, cycling, paddling, reading, playing with my kiddos.
What is your first memory of design thinking?
Before I was old enough to use power tools, my dad built me a loft bed. As I started using it, it became clear somebody had not considered the whole customer journey. It was great for the “sleeping” phase, but during the “waking” phase, I noted there was a decided lack of surface area for books, snacks, tschotskes, and what-not. So, I whipped up a little shelf design, sent if off to the manufacturer (dad), had it installed by a vendor (dad), and voila! we had a vastly improved product meeting more user needs.